We’re always on the hunt for yummy wholesome snacks so when we heard that Annie’s came out with their new organic fruit tape called Really Peely we were thrilled!! Like stock our cupboards and always have a stash in my purse thrilled.
If Miss M had her way, she would be peeling and eating these all day long (and i’m sort of in the same boat, I sneak a few too!). The new snack is available in two varieties, including Bendy Berry & Swirly Strawberry. The best part? Real fruit juice & fruit are the first ingredients in both.
We love Annie’s mission to help parents & families #ChooseGood and as you know here at Mer Mag we’re all about being kind to our environment and recycling boxes by turning them into super fun crafts and toys! In fact, we were thrilled to discover that 90% of all Annie’s packaging by weight is recyclable! So of course we had to turn our Annie’s boxes into goofy monster puppets. And the kids we’re completely into it!
To make these puppets you’ll need:
- Recycled Snack box (Annie’s Really Peely Fruit Tape box is the perfect size for this)
- Craft paint
- Paint brush
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Discarded egg carton
- pom pom or felt ball
- Scraps of fur
- Start by cutting through the middle of the box and on each side. Leave the other side as is and fold
- Fold box as shown in the picture so that it creates a puppet mouth
- Paint your puppet (use not toxic paints – especially if you want your puppet to share some of your fruit tape with you :)!)
- Cut out two egg cups from your egg carton to use as eyes. Paint in the center.
- Glue your eyes onto your puppet box
- Add you nose and eyebrows using your hot glue. And we added some fruit tape for a fun tongue!
The kids have been having blast with their knew fruit tape monster friends!
And both have been gobbling up this delicious good-for-you snack non stop!
*This post is sponsored by Annie’s: Choose Good.