If you want to make the paper house crown from our house cookie decorating party (spotlighted on Camille Styles last week) it’s really quite easy! You can freehand one yourself from a poster board or use our template which you can download here.
After downloading the template
- You can enlarge to desired size or just use it as a guide for creating your house crown from poster board.
- If using the template be sure to extend the sides when transferring/tracing onto your poster board. You might even need to add an extra piece in the back depending on the size of the child’s head.
- Cut out around the top of the house. Use an X-acto knife to cut out the windows and door, being sure to leave the “hinge” of the door for the fold.
- Wrap the house crown around the child’s head and tape on the backside (adding extra paper if needed as mentioned above)
- Make a number of these for guest at a birthday party or a housewarming party! Grab some markers and paint if you wish and have your party goers decorate their houses for a fun interactive craft!