We’ve wanted to make a swan costume for Miss M ever since we put together this little Valentine tissue box swan. We followed basically the same idea, just enlarged to fit her. So simple and and so fun! And just in time for this year’s Swan Princess Halloween costume (although I think it will go right into the Christmas season as well).
To make the swan costume you’ll need…
- cardboard box sized to fit around the child
- cardboard for wings and swan neck and head
- card stock paper for the wing feathers
- glitter cardstock for crown
- white acrylic craft paint
- paper or paint for beak and eyes
- cut child size hole from top and bottom of cardboard box
- cut 4 slits on the top, as per the drawing, for elastic straps to go in and a slit for the swan neck to go into
- cut swan head and neck
- cut out two ovals for the wings. paint ovals, box and neck and head white. decorate beak and eyes.
- cut out paper feathers and glue onto ovals until full
- insert swan neck into body. glue if necessary
- insert elastic or ribbon for straps. criss cross for a better hold.
- add glitter crown to swan head.
- you’re ready to play!