Now that we have a third little one in the mix, I need to get her set for Easter by making her a chalk board painted pail like her brothers. I think perhaps we’ll go with a lamb illustration for her, which could be fun.
But in the mean time, I’m loving the idea of just throwing something simple together from what I already have lying around the house. Which is just how this easy little bunny basket, made from an oatmeal tube and some duct tape, was born.
- To make this yourself, simply grab a discarded cylinder you have lying around you home. Many come at just the right height but all we had was a tall oatmeal tube which I cut down to be the height I wanted.
- Grab another sheet of discarded card board and cut out two bunny ear shapes.
- Wrap the outside of the cylinder in duct tape. You can also line the interior with a contrasting tape color if you like. Then wrap one side of the cardboard bunny ears in tape and trim with an x-acto knife. Use a corresponding tape color for the inside of the ears if you wish.
- Now tape your ears to the inside of the cylinder.
- To finish off your bunny, create a simple face by cutting out shapes for the eyes and nose. If you have a circle punch, you can make perfect cheek shapes by simply applying the duct tape to wax paper and then putting the tape and paper through your circle punch.
- If you wish to have a handle for your basket, simply punch small holes on either side and then string a ribbon or a wire (similar to this trick-or-treat bucket) through the holes.
- Now your Easter basket is finished and ready for a good hunt!
I pulled little O in for this shoot although I might be using it for baby M this year. Or if I manage to get her chalkboard pail complete, this will just be a fun candy dish for the season. Either way, we love it.
And this basket is so easy to make you’ll have fun with a number of variations. We just had to try out a sleepy bunny as well (we love sleepping bunnies). And now I can’t decide which one I like more. I think they are both too cute.
And little O, well he’s certainly ready for a good hunt. And even more ready to dive into a world of chocolate and jelly beans. Only a week left to wait little man…just one week…
Oh these are so cute and I needed a fab idea like this, I can’t wait to make one for Sunday!
Kelly @ Studio DIY
My niece is obsessed with duct tape and will lose her mind over this DIY! So adorable!!
This is So cute where did you get the stuff
Anna @ annie and m
What a great idea to repurpose an oatmeal tube! My Mr. & I need a basket so this would be fun to try.
l o v e l y t h i n g s
cute and lovely , adorable idea , thank you for the sharing and the greate tute;-D
Courtney @ Crafts by Courtney
Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I featured your Duct Tape Bunny Basket in my roundup of super clever Easter basket craft ideas!
Your Easter basket was VERY creative!
Thanks for the great craft idea,
thanks dear! xo Mer
too darn sweet!
Awaa!! these are so cute and adorable.
Beautiful and cute mug, Love it.
Many thanks, this website is really beneficial