Now that we have a third little one in the mix, I need to get her set for Easter by making her a chalk board painted pail like her brothers. I think perhaps we’ll go with a lamb illustration for her, which could be fun.
But in the mean time, I’m loving the idea of just throwing something simple together from what I already have lying around the house. Which is just how this easy little bunny basket, made from an oatmeal tube and some duct tape, was born.
- To make this yourself, simply grab a discarded cylinder you have lying around you home. Many come at just the right height but all we had was a tall oatmeal tube which I cut down to be the height I wanted.
- Grab another sheet of discarded card board and cut out two bunny ear shapes.
- Wrap the outside of the cylinder in duct tape. You can also line the interior with a contrasting tape color if you like. Then wrap one side of the cardboard bunny ears in tape and trim with an x-acto knife. Use a corresponding tape color for the inside of the ears if you wish.
- Now tape your ears to the inside of the cylinder.
- To finish off your bunny, create a simple face by cutting out shapes for the eyes and nose. If you have a circle punch, you can make perfect cheek shapes by simply applying the duct tape to wax paper and then putting the tape and paper through your circle punch.
- If you wish to have a handle for your basket, simply punch small holes on either side and then string a ribbon or a wire (similar to this trick-or-treat bucket) through the holes.
- Now your Easter basket is finished and ready for a good hunt!
I pulled little O in for this shoot although I might be using it for baby M this year. Or if I manage to get her chalkboard pail complete, this will just be a fun candy dish for the season. Either way, we love it.
And this basket is so easy to make you’ll have fun with a number of variations. We just had to try out a sleepy bunny as well (we love sleepping bunnies). And now I can’t decide which one I like more. I think they are both too cute.
And little O, well he’s certainly ready for a good hunt. And even more ready to dive into a world of chocolate and jelly beans. Only a week left to wait little man…just one week…