September is never complete without some super great back-to-school gear, right? And what a better place to start than with Fjällräven Kånken back packs? Have you seen their new colors? We are going nuts for them over here! We of course had to scoop a few up for ourselves. And not only is their classic design so lovely but they are super sturdy and hold a ton of stuff. The boys can manage to stuff build-a-bears, books, and several other treasures in them all at the same time!
And the supply shopping couldn’t stop there. My littles love to sketch, doodle, draw, write, scribble and much more…pretty much all the time (maybe this is how things go at your house too?). So we got straight to work stocking up on some of our top ten favorite art supplies.
1a & 1b. Of course to carry all our our gear in durable style, we scooped up a mini Kånken in warm yellow (Little O totes this off to Preschool right now but I think I’ll give it to little miss later) and a standard size Kånken in stunning teal green (even more striking in real life!) to accompany boys to school, camp outs, sleep overs and more.
2. We love a diverse and colorful set of watercolors around here and this one, found at Michaels, does just the trick.
3. These hexagon colored pencils from P’kolino are great with no annoying wood shavings or paper to deal with. And the boys love seeing the bright colors they get to choose from.
4 . And of course it’s essential to have a collection of great sketch books (or “idea notebooks” as we call them around here. My boys love to come up with ideas for future animated films they want to create and I try to encourage them to jot down plans in these.). We’re crazy about the price, colors and onion skin page dividers that these ones have.
5. These Inkkit twig pencils are also very lovely and fit perfectly into small little hands.
6. Chalk is supper fun and this version is not only eye catching, with their lovely patterned wrappers, but we love it’s square shape. Create broad stroke as well as fine details depending on how you hold the chalk.
7. I’m typically not much of a crayon lover but these Artemis Plant Dyed Color Crayons are right up my ally. Like the chalk, I love the rectangular, boxy shape making broad strokes easy. Turn it on it’s tip and you’ve go a finer line to work with. They also have a really fun crystalline effect that shines when on the paper. Oh and we are sooo happy to ditch the annoying pealing paper that typically comes with sets of crayons.
8. P’kolino colorful markers are vibrant and long lasting. These are most definitely my boys favorite art supply of choice as they love bold and colorful.
9. Stabilo Pens are probably my boys second favorite art tool. Similar to markers but with a much finer line, they can create intricate colorful details.
10. And OK patterned and colored masking tape is not necessarily a “drawing” tool but an absolute is a must have in any kids art supply collection. We are big fans of it over here.
And now that this post is up, Little O is going to be over the moon about getting to really use all of these supplies. He’s been asking for them constantly and I think we’re due to pack up our supplies and head off somewhere out in nature to enjoy the last bit of nice weather and have a mother-son outdoor drawing session!