I love the every classic snowman. The tradition of creating a simple and wonderful character out of nature’s snowstorms makes for lots of magic and wonder. I wanted to capture just a bit of that wonder in these simple DIY snowman ornaments, perfect for children of all ages to make.
- I started with a pre-made paper mache ornament found at my local craft store (but if you are snowed in or feeling thrifty, you can make your own following these paper mache instructions, adding a string).
- Paint the ornament white and let dry.
- Cut out a long triangle shape out of orange paper. Make sure the bottom is curved just a bit. Roll it up and glue it closed. I used hot glue for this part.
- Glue the nose onto the ornament (again I used hot glue but other types of glue would work as well, just hold it still while drying).
- Paint on snowman face. Have fun with it!
- Let it all dry. Now your ornament is ready to hang and enjoy!
Little O had a lot of fun with these snowmen.
We made a bunch of these and we can’t wait to hang them on our tree (that we still need to get btw! We better get a move on!). And with the epic storm we just had, I’m sure we’ll be rolling up some real snow soon, making a few or our own real ones! But for now we’re staying snuggly and warm with these guys, and I’m not complaining about it one bit.