We love that our bunny piñata works so well with our printable bunny and doll paper toy and party pack.
It’s easy to make and can be done in just an afternoon.
And our friends Atticus the Bunny and Little Miss Nellie are here to celebrate with you in cupcake topper form. Just as a fun fabric or sparkle crown and a paper accordion collar for a bit of adornment. I also love the idea of stringing these friends up as party bunting, etc.
To make the bunny piñata:
- Cut two large circles out of cardboard (or use two pizza rounds) and one strip of card board to wrap around the circumference of the circles. Cut out two bunny ear shapes out of cardboard.
- Wrap and glue the strip of cardboard around one of the circles. then attach the other circle on top. let dry.
- Cut slits into the top of the circle head and insert bunny ears. Glue into place.
- Cut out a small trap door from the bottom to insert candy.
- Poke small hole in the top of the head and string through a strong string or rope with a strong knot on one side through the top hole. We often put a small cardboard disc on the knot side to help add additional support for the head when hanging.
- Decorate bunny face with paint and paper.
- Fill piñata with candy and close trap door. you can tap closed if you wish.
- Hang and whack away! (and if you want to keep the bunny for bedroom decor later, just open up the door and let the candy spill out!)