At the risk of sounding like oh, every parent everywhere, I seriously can’t believe how fast this little baby girl is growing up! I remember this day and this day like it was yesterday…like seriously. And now look at her – she’s already 9 months! (actually technically 10 months now but these pics were taken at 9 mo…see what I mean? you can’t even stop for a second without them growing up on you!).
If you are reader of the Baby Whisperer you would be familiar with the classification of the “angel baby”. This little girl, baby M is just that – an angel of a baby. She is so unassuming with the most mellow and easy disposition. But don’t worry we’ve earned it! After two incredibly spirited boys whose love of drama and physical danger (one is very emotional/moody and the other can’t keep still for even one second!) keep us on our toes and biting our tongues, challenging our parenting patience daily. I’m not sure if she’ll keep this mellow easy going nature forever, but we’re definitely enjoying it while it lasts!
These are jut a few things that stand out when I think of my sweetest little baby girl:
- our little dream with a dreamy disposition: mellow, sweet, unassuming, emits lots and lots of love
- first and favorite word (much to Jon’s delight): “Da Da”
- loves attention from her brothers…like alot
- doesn’t like to be tossed in the air
- favorite new food: bananas
- best self entertainer we’ve had
- a bit uninterested in physical milestones (sits but doesn’t like to for long periods…rolls but doesn’t care to learn how to crawl at the moment…etc.)
- loves to chew on the long legs of her dollies
- pacifier baby: is happy as a clam so long as she has a pacifier when it’s nap time. then it’s loads of crying until we find one.
- completely taken with the water and swimming
- has a preference for stuffed animals/dolls with large eyes (she giggles and coos much more with the big eyed ones)
- a bit fragile when it comes to her respiratory system. if you sneeze in the same room as her, she’ll get sick and end up in hospital needing oxygen. might end up an asthmatic.
- our darling little “sweet pea” (as daddy sings this song to her nightly)
It’s been so fun having a little lady in the house after two amazing boys. For example, just this last little family stay-cation us girls painted our toes and lounged by the pool. It was dreamy.
And now I have to think up what we’re are going to do for her very first birthday! To say I’m in denial is a gross understatement. I’ve got a few things brewing though and I’m confident we’ll have loads of playful fun.